Are you facing an unexpected pregnancy? You are not alone! We are here to listen to your concerns and provide you with accurate and complete information.
At Birth Choice we believe no one should ever feel abortion is their only choice. We want you to have all the facts in order to make an informed decision about your pregnancy. Our professional medical staff and peer counselors can help answer any questions you may have about abortion and the abortion procedure. Please remember that all of our services are confidential.
Please call and make an appointment to speak with one of our trained peer counselors or professional medical staff who can give you complete and accurate information about all of your options.
No matter your choice, Birth Choice is here to provide support during your pregnancy and beyond.
Side Effects & Risks
Abortion is not just a simple procedure; it may have many side effects. Abortion has been associated with preterm birth, emotional and psychological impact, and spiritual consequences. Please contact our center so that you can make an informed decision.
Side effects of surgical abortion can include:
- Cramping of the uterus or pelvic pain
- Emotional or psychological distress
- Vaginal Bleeding
Some risks involved with surgical abortion are:
- Excessive bleeding
- Infection of the uterus
- Infection of the fallopian tubes (can cause scarring and infertility)
- Puncture (perforation) of the uterus
- Suction tubing, curettes and other abortion instruments may cause permanent scarring of the uterine lining
- Damage to the cervix (creating complications with future pregnancies)
- Death, in rare circumstances